I have been making these oven-baked Paleo meatballs for a while now. When you start making something a lot, you modify it every time and you end up not really following any recipe. That’s the case for these 15-minute Paleo meatball recipe. You can’t really mess up meatballs. Don’t worry too much about the quantities. Just focus on adding more of the ingredients you love! This recipe is to inspire you and help you get started.
What About Making Paleo Meatballs in the Instant Pot?
When I decided I was going to post my Paleo Meatball recipe on the blog, I thought I was going to adapt it for the Instant Pot. I love my Instant Pot! I love the hands-off style of cooking it affords. I figured it would be great to extend that convenience to my meatballs. However, as I started looking online for some guidance, I discovered two things:
- Instant Pot meatball recipes require a sauce. It makes sense, you can’t cook in your electric pressure cooker without a liquid, you probably know that by now.
- The few recipes that didn’t require a sauce required much advance preparation. It seemed to defeat the purpose. After all, we use the Instant Pot to save time. If we end up having to freeze the shaped meatballs for 15 minutes, then brown them in small batches in the Instant Pot before cooking them, that’s just too much work! My oven-baked meatballs are so much easier!
Instant Pot Paleo Meatballs Experiment
I decided to make half my meatball recipe in the Instant Pot and half in the oven as an experiment. I figured I would skip the freezing and the browning and see what happens. For one, when my oven-baked meatballs were ready, the 45-minute cooking time in the Instant Pot was just starting (you know it takes a while for your Instant Pot to be ready for the actual pressure cooking stage). Secondly, the meatballs were not nearly as tasty (the browning caused by the oven heat does give extra flavor). They also crumbled (that’s why you are supposed to shape them and freeze them too, I assume). In the end, if you are going to make meatballs without a sauce, stick to the oven. That’s my advice! Oven-baked Paleo meatballs are more flavorful and easier to prepare.
15-Minute Oven-Baked Paleo Meatballs Recipe
- 4 lbs ground meat
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form the meatballs and put them on a cookie tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 20 minutes or until nice and golden.
Paleo Meatballs Video
I love using meatball leftovers to pack lunches. Check out this post for more Kid-Friendly Paleo Lunches.